We love holding weddings at Halfmoon and have hosted nearly two hundred happy events here in the past fifteen years.
The garden is a sweeping bowl of lawn encircling two dams and a huge Moreton Bay fig tree. At top is the lovely old homestead where Julian and I live.
At the bottom of the lawns, a post and rail fence and double gates (which are great for photos) separates guests from our horses and cows. All of the gardens afford a magnificent view of the Glasshouse mountains. The gardens are generally used as a blank canvas by our guests, who are welcome to choose their own caterers, bring in stylists and furniture, tipis and marquees to make it a unique representation of what makes them special. We are constantly amazed by the creative genius and vision of our brides.
The serious bits…
~ The weather! Maleny is green and lush because it rains up here. If you have a guest list of less than forty, then you will be able to fit everybody on to the deck of the cottage in the event of bad weather. If you expect more guests then it may be a good idea to hire a marquee, yurt or tipi.
~ Our function facility permission states that events have to finish and guests must be gone (unless they are staying in the cottage) at 10pm. This actually works very well as we have noticed that guests have a six or seven hour ‘event tolerance.’ For example, if your ceremony is at 2pm then by 8 or 9pm they will generally want go to sleep or move to a warmer venue to party on. In the event of the last option we can transport you to our brewery Brouhaha, three minutes away. After the sun goes down it is suddenly much colder here than it would be on the coast or in Brisbane, and it is extremely dark. You are welcome to use our fire pits however.
~ We have strict sound limits imposed on us too so we provide an excellent sound system with a limiter. This can certainly play music loud enough to dance to but for those who like it really loud we have 60 Silent disco headsets. These are fabulous and get everybody dancing while bystanders can still continue a conversation.
~ Our sewerage system can cope with up to thirty five guests. More than that and you will need to hire a Portaloo.
For a ceremony and reception, the rate includes
- accommodation (and a really good hamper) for five/six people for three nights,
- use of the grounds for the duration including bumping in and out of marquees etc
- the use of our sound and Silent Disco systems
- 30 bistro style chairs or straw bales
- use of either a hoop or arch arbour ready to be dressed in greenery by you
- 60m of light bulb strings
- lawn games and fire pits
- transport down to the stage from the house in my vintage Morris Minor for any infirm guests
- electricity for your cool rooms, lighting, fridges, ovens etc
- photos on the property and with the horses if you like
- Gillian on hand to greet and park your guests and bring them through the house and down the staircase to the gardens
- public liability insurance
20 x guests ——————-$2,350
30 x guests ——————-$3,200
40 x guests ——————-$4,050
50 x guests ——————-$4,850
60 x guests —————-— $5,650
If holding a ceremony only at Halfmoon and reception at Brouhaha, the rate includes
- two nights of accommodation at Halfmoon Hideaway (with hamper)
- for less than 40 guests the rate is negotiable.
40 – 50 guests ———$ 1,200
50 – 60 guests——— $ 1,300
Our brewery/restaurant is a five minute drive away in the
pretty town of Maleny. We have two excellent chefs who are happy to cater for your
event either on the brewery deck or in the main restaurant beside the brewing
THE BEDHAHAS Our other accommodation beside the brewery.
Big Bedhaha which is Unit 12, 39 Coral Street, sleeps eight and has two
It can be found on Airbnb at https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/22573919
We also have three Baby Bedhaha’s. These each have two king beds and two
bathrooms. Find them at: